Hanergy Changes the World One Solar Cell at a Time.
Altios brought vitality to the table, and their proven expertise rapidly showed that it could help coordinate our efforts.
- Hanergy’s mission is to change the world through safer, more convenient and cost-effective access to energy. With the rising needs in the world for more reliable and cleaner energy, Hanergy knew it needed to expand its R&D efforts outside of China.
- “We had other business entities overseas, but no R&D centres. To remain competitive, we wanted to expand and combine other countries’ strengths with ours,” said Peiguo Guan, Overseas Senior Manager at Hanergy.
- As part of the company’s efforts, Hanergy wanted to leverage the competitive advantages specific markets could bring to its technology leadership position.
- “The U.S. has a strong ability to innovate, Germany is strong with traditional technology, and Italy is strong with design. Together, we felt we could create more value,” said Guan.
- Altios’ strong presence in the specific markets and its on-the-ground presence made it the ideal match for Hanergy’s needs.
- “Altios brought vitality to the table, and their proven expertise rapidly showed that it could help coordinate our efforts,” said Guan.
- The Altios teams provided the knowledge and expertise required for the project.
Established in 1994, Hanergy Holding Group, Ltd. (Hanergy) is China’s largest privately-owned energy company.
Headquartered in Beijing
Present in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and Africa.
Industry: Hydro, wind, and thin-film solar electricity (world leader in this last technology)
Target countries: U.S.A., Germany, Italy