/ EOS Imagining
EOS imaging Leverages Altios’ Expertise in Asia Pacific
We intend to develop further our investments in the region. Altios is a trusted partner and has been instrumental in our initial expansion in the region. Their knowledge of the markets and expertise in the legal, regulatory, and financial environment in Singapore made the project a success for us.
- In 2008, EOS imaging installed its first systems in Europe and North America. By 2012, the company became a publicly traded company on the Euronext Paris (EOSI) exchange.
- To further its international growth, the company decided to move into the Asia-Pacific market following an initial sale in Singapore.
- “Singapore was an ideal location to expand into the Asia-Pacific region as it provided the perfect platform to showcase our technology and solutions,” said Anne Renevot, Chief Financial Officer of EOS imaging*.
- EOS imaging turned to Altios to determine the best approach for its development in region. “For our initial entry into the market, we did not have the local expertise required to set up our first sales offices,” said Renevot.
- In 2013, EOS imaging had to identify implement the best structure for their launch in the Asia-Pacific region.
- The Altios team in Singapore brought to EOS imaging in-depth market knowledge and expertise in legal, financial, and human resources.
- To minimise risk and reduce initial investment requirements, Altios recommended a phased approach to market entry.
- EOS imaging set up a sales office in Singapore. Altios’ local team handled the administrative and legal requirements, while also hiring EOS imaging’s first employee in Singapore.
- The lean structure provided the company with its office in Singapore before engaging in a more substantial investment.
- By 2015, as a second phase of development, the company set up its first Asia-Pacific subsidiary in Singapore. Altios’ on-the-ground team in Singapore provided the legal and financial expertise and talent search for the new subsidiary.
- The two-phase approach provided EOS imaging the knowledge and time to learn and build its presence in the Asia-Pacific region progressively. By ultimately opening its first subsidiary in Singapore, EOS imaging can reinforce its presence in the region.
- The EOS imaging team in the Singapore office handles talent acquisition for its sales and equipment maintenance requirements.
- Altios manages the running of the subsidiary.
Learn more about EOS Imaging: https://www.eos-imaging.com/
Based in Paris, France, the company has international offices in the U.S., Canada, Germany, and Singapore
Annual Sales: €35 million in 2018
International Sales: targets the $2 billion annual market opportunity (300 system installations in 30 countries).
Industry: 2D/3D orthopaedic medical imaging and software solutions for 3D anatomical modelling and surgical planning
Target country: Singapore