HR / Payroll Assistant – Sydney, Australia
Created in 1991, Altios International is a company specialized in international business development. As a leading group in international business support, we operate 32 local subsidiaries worldwide as well as a network of partners in 80 countries, to help companies accelerate their performance in growing international markets. Over the past 31 years, more than 10,500 companies have used our services for some of their most complex export operations, through sales development, physical hosting, setting up local subsidiaries, or mergers and acquisitions.
About ALTIOS ANZ
ALTIOS ANZ is one of the 35 subsidiaries of the Altios Group. The Australia & New Zealand offices support operations in Asia-Pacific with the help of a local network of industry professionals:
- International development strategy: Advisory services for international development inAustralia and New Zealand, guidance in go-to-market strategies, market approach and set up of distribution networks,
- Subsidiary Management: Creation and management of subsidiaries, commercialrepresentation, recruitment, hosting, payroll administration, financial control, accounting system setup and book-keeping, tax planning and advisory and regulatory compliance and reporting,
- Corporate Finance: External growth advisory, identification and due diligence of partners,and audit of target distributors or suppliers.
The Payroll Assistant will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff.
The Payroll Assistant is responsible for employment policies and procedures, overseeing payroll as well as managing workplace safety initiatives. The role also involves finding, screening, recruiting new job applicants and developing training and development programs for all employees.
In addition, the Payroll Assistant will oversee office operations and workflow and manage all compliance issues with regards to business operations.
The candidate will be supervised directly by the VP Corporate Services for Australia and New Zealand.
Tasks include and may not be limited to:
- Managing company staff, including coordinating and supporting the recruitment process
- Coordinate payroll processing for subsidiaries under our management
- Onboarding and offboarding of staff
- Keeping abreast of the latest labor legislation and laws
- Providing the necessary support systems for payroll requirements
- Developing adequate induction and training
- Supporting employee opportunities for professional development
- Organizing and maintaining personnel records
- Ensuring business compliance to all statutory requirements
- Assist in Visa application
- Any other ad-hoc responsibilities assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in outsourcing and/or human resources or related field
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes, and workplace investigations
- Able to interpret Modern Awards and Enterprise Agreements in relation to pay rates
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
If you are ready to take on this exciting new challenge, we look forward to receiving your application documents. You can send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “PAYROLL ASSISTANT“.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend interview immediately. All personal data is treated in strict confidence and used only for recruitment purposes.
The data you provide will be processed automatically by Altios International, 2 Rue Jacques Brel, Métronomy 3, 44800 St-Herblain, France as data controller, for the sole purpose of processing and managing your application. The recipients of the data are only those responsible for recruitment indicated on the offer. The data will be retained two years after the last contact with the candidate if the position is not filled. In case of hiring, the data may be kept by the employer for the duration of the employment contract. You have a right of access, rectification, and in case of legitimate reasons for deletion, limitation and opposition to the processing of your data. You also have the right to the portability of your data and the ability to give instructions regarding your data. You can exercise these rights by sending an email to the person in charge of data protection, at the following email address email@example.com, and you also have the possibility to refer the matter to the competent supervisory authority.